The history of collaborative (OA) software
The development of collaborative (OA) software is basically consistent with the development of the Internet. From the beginning, there were mail, electronic bulletin boards, BBS, the emergence of independent websites, classified search sites, portal sites (Yahoo, Sina, Netease), and global search The emergence of engines, the emergence of blogs to enhance personal sharing, the emergence of social microblogs for real-time personal sharing, and the current rise of WeChat, the development of social Internet has been driving the development of collaborative (OA) software. The development of the Internet is from point-to-point, point-to-face, face-to-face, face-to-point, point-to-point until the return to the application with everyone as the core! So is OA! Below we review the development process of collaborative OA from several different dimensions:
1. Development of collaborative (OA) software by application
1st stage: electronic document (1991-1997)
2nd stage: the popularity of email (1998-2003)
3rd stage: the official document and internal network construction as the core (2003-2008)
4th stage: Workflow Management as the Core (2007-2013)
5th stage: Information portal (integration as the core) (2012-2017)
6th stage: organization target management, with the core of the organization’s strategic target implementation guarantee system (2016-2021)
2. Development of collaborative (OA) software by deployment model
3. Development of collaborative (OA) software by Management focus
The Present of collaborative (OA) software
After the explosive growth of information on the Internet and the full opening of information sharing within the organization, another problem inevitably brought about is the effective organization, use and push of information. How to make information better for people, the answer must be integrated, mobile, and customized.
In general, the focus of most users of collaborative (OA) software is focused on: process management, knowledge management, information portal, communication assistance, and mobile applications. At this stage, mainstream manufacturers of collaborative (OA) software are mostly working. The process is at the core; however, history is always a dynamic development. At present, there are still many users paying attention to: administrative office, mail management and internal information release; some former users have paid great attention to information portals and business data integration, mobile office Furthermore, some manufacturers are starting to create information portals, process engines, content management, target tasks, mobile engines, fusion integration, and reporting engines that focus on job goals as the core to guide collaborative (OA) software to socialize!
The Future of collaborative (OA) software
Most users of collaborative (OA) software care about applications such as process management, knowledge management, information portals, and communication and collaboration. The mainstream collaborative (OA) software has also formed a consensus centered on the work process, and based on this, began to introduce Objective performance, planning tasks, management reports and other content and solutions related to organizational management and daily office work; at the same time, the platform integration concept marked by the personal work portal and the mobile office platform relying on mobile internet began to lead collaborative OA Future development trends, such as mobile apps, WeChat enterprise account integration applications, etc.
But the future of collaborative (OA) software must be like this:
- Mobile applications as the first medium
- The organization of strategic goals is the first priority
- Process Engine, Content Engine, Integration Engine, Reporting Engine, Modeling Engine, and Message Engine
- Cloud acquisition and deployment of various applications: reduce deployment costs and strengthen intelligence exchange
- Platformization is the mega trend: effective unification of personalization and standardization
- More emphasis on human-centered social self-management model
- Flexible organization, expanding organizational boundaries: from organizational application as the core to personal development as the core model-anyone has their own unique online office space ID and can be docked with any enterprise organization at any time (currently, slack abroad has Such a possibility)
With the advancement of human computer technology, collaborative (OA) software must be developed in a direction that restores the natural appearance of collaborative work:
- If I want to ask for leave, reimbursement, or business trip, just talk to my mobile phone.
- If I want to gain some experience, someone immediately jumps out on my phone and tells me the key points to do this well—I can leave him alone, and he will tell me how to do it.
- If I want to hold a meeting, everyone can immediately meet and communicate through mobile devices. The system automatically helps sort out the minutes of the meeting and automatically reminds everyone what to do.
- Anyone’s work can be recorded automatically through mobile devices and quickly fed back to everyone’s work goals and performance every day, and inform the consistency with the company’s goals and promote effectiveness
- The handheld device can automatically record my thoughts and judgments on the incident, and provide some information basis and personnel support for these thoughts and judgments
- The hard form of OA no longer exists, it has become you electronically in every working hour
The future collaborative (OA) software must not exist: the concept of forms, processes, documents, tasks, and assessments. As long as any information is entered by voice, it will automatically help you to form the required format and attributes, and automatically push to the need to pay attention and need attention Analysis report. System intelligent identification information, classification information, analysis information and provide decision support information! In the near future, there will be an electronic ecosystem (e-cology) that fully reflects the physical state of the real organization: a self-adaptive, self-renewing and viable electronic ecosystem, the management vitality of each organization can Get continuous development!